Guest User | Log In
Options in OpenCart use a 'pool' method where the options are created separately, and then the products link to them. This lets each product share similar options, but have an individual price for its options.
Creating the Option 'name'
1. In the admin panel, Goto 'Catalog->Option'
2. If the option 'name' you want isn't already there, you can click "Insert" to create a new one.
3. Enter the name of the option for each installed language. For example: 'Material'
4. Click save. You should now see your new option 'name' in the list.
Creating the Option 'values'
1. There is a button named "Add Option Value" on the same page,click on it
2. Enter the first option value. For example: 'Wood'
3. Click save. You should now see your new option 'value' in the list.
5. Repeat for additional values (i.e. 'Plastic', 'Cloth', etc)
Now the option and its values exists in the 'pool'. The next step is to link the product to the option
Linking it to a Product
1. Goto 'Catalog->Product'
2. Find the product you'd like to add an option to, and click on [Edit]
3. On this page, Click option tab
4. You will see a text box and "+" sign on the left side,start typing a option name in that box ,you will see the options,select your option.
5. Click on "Add Option Value" button on the same page and you will see your created options values there.Add your option values
5. Click Save. And repeat for additional materials
Now on the front page, you should see the new options available.
Please wait... it will take a second!